Friday, February 5, 2010

I cut my thumb, diagonally through the fingernail (deep enough for 5 stitches). Will the nail grow back?

I managed to slice through the thumb tip and nail bed, with a boxcutter. It's been wrapped in gauze for a few days now, and I remember the doctor clipping and pulling at the nail while it was frozen and being stitched up. I have no idea if the entire nail is gone or just half of it.





How long will it take to grow back, and will it grow back the same as before?I cut my thumb, diagonally through the fingernail (deep enough for 5 stitches). Will the nail grow back?
The nail will grow back, it just takes a while. I had a nail removed (accidentally) in march and it is almost completely back now.I cut my thumb, diagonally through the fingernail (deep enough for 5 stitches). Will the nail grow back?
Even if the nail is completely gone, it will grow back. It may take a few months, though.
Yes it will grow back but it could take a while.
If you still have circulation going to your nail bed, it may grow back. It may take several weeks or even a couple months for it to grow back.

No comments:

Post a Comment