Wednesday, February 10, 2010

I've lost my thumbnail due to ugly nail fungus. Will a new one grow in or am I destined to wearing a bandaid?

The nail progressively lifted from the nail bed until it was about 1/8 inch from cuticle. Any experience will be appreciated.I've lost my thumbnail due to ugly nail fungus. Will a new one grow in or am I destined to wearing a bandaid?
It will grow back, but sometimes when you have had a fungus on the nail, the nail grows back a little bumpy. Have you been wearing false nails ??? these stop the air getting to the nail, hence, a fungus infection grows, it does not always, but if it has, then stop wearing false nails for a while. You can see your g.p., they will give you meds for the fungus, otherwise it may spread to the other nails.


Good luck !!I've lost my thumbnail due to ugly nail fungus. Will a new one grow in or am I destined to wearing a bandaid?
it grows back
it grows back... lol
it will definitely grow back lol, i lost my big toe nail once when i used to play soccer, and although it hurts and is pretty ugly for a while, it comes back :-)
i had that too..hope you got an antibiotic to clear up infection.. and yes the nail will come off...keep it as short as you can with out pain and use a file to soften sharp edges...no quick fix it will grow out..be patient!

No comments:

Post a Comment