Thursday, February 11, 2010

I broke a nail, can I paint over it and will it grow back on?

It sounds silly but it literally takes me about a month to grow an average size nail, and it broke last night and I was wondering if I put clear nailpolish over it, will it re-attach itself?





Or, if it doesn't since the bottom isn't attached, with a new nail continue growing if I paint it together? Then when I took off the broken nail, I'd have the perfect one underneith!





Thanks.I broke a nail, can I paint over it and will it grow back on?
It won't reattach, but you can try using some superglue or something similar to hold it in place. You'll probably have to file down the glued area to smooth it out, then put nail polish on it afterward.





When you're done with that, come do my nails! LOL!I broke a nail, can I paint over it and will it grow back on?
sweets nothing u do will reattach the nail........even super glue will just make it look shoddy................u will just have to wait another month n be a little more carefull
you could glue it back, and put a layer of acrylic over it and it might hold up long enough to grow out, then again, you could tear it off and have a manicurist sculpt an acrylic nail on.
It won't reattach itself. Nails are dead, like hair, so you can't 'fix' it. You can hold it together with polish (like if it splits below the pink part and it'd hurt to cut it off), but if it's broken right off it won't hold very well. Every time you pick something up it'll fall off again. If you're really embarrassed about it, stick a fake nail on. But I'm sure nobody else even notices...

No comments:

Post a Comment