Thursday, February 11, 2010

Will my nail grow back?

I smashed my finger at work. The doctor removed the whole nail, and even the part that grows under the skin. The doctor said that it may not grow back, is that true?Will my nail grow back?
It is very rare for a nail to not grow back unless you severely dammaged the nail bed. You probably would have had a fractured finger in that case also. The nail will take a few months to grow back and will be softer than normal so you have to protect that finger for a while.


I have removed many toenails and they all grew back fine to my knowledge. It is only in the case of repeted infections due to ingrown nails that we would actually ';kill'; the nail bed so the nail wont grow back anymore.





But yeah, dont worry. It is very likely that it will grow back just fine.
  • celebrity hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment