Sunday, February 7, 2010

Will my dogs nail grow back?

My one year old Mini Daschund jumped into our van and ended up ripping out her nail. We stopped the bleeding and bandaged her up. Will the nail ever grow back and if so how long will it take?Will my dogs nail grow back?
The best thing to do is take your dog to the vet and let them treat her. My shih tzu lost a nail, not completely, but the vet completely pulled it out. They cleaned it, put something on it and bandaged her foot. She was given antibiotic for it also. It will be cheaper now than waiting for the infection and then costing you more at the vet.Will my dogs nail grow back?
My dog did this also. You might want to take the bandage off when she is in the house and only cover it with a sock or something when she goes outside. This will help keep it clean. It will probably take about a month or so for it to grow back completely, and it will be tender also until it grows past the quick.
I have seen both were nails have grown back and some that have not grown back. So this will depend on your dog my dog did the same thing and his nail never grew back.
yes it will grow back, depends on how fast the dogs nails grow on how long. Keep and eye out for infection.
It will grow back my Great Dane ripped one of her nails out once when she was running and it grew back.
It will definitely grow back, it just might take a few weeks, just like us.
it should grow back it is like us with our nails it is a living thing so it should grow

No comments:

Post a Comment