Sunday, February 7, 2010

Why do Vietnamese men leave their left-hand pinkie's nail to grow long?

It disgusts me a little, but I want to know.Why do Vietnamese men leave their left-hand pinkie's nail to grow long?
It is the asian superstition that the length of the last fingre should be at the upper horizontal line of the 2nd last finger in order to live longer. If his fingure is not long enough to hit that line, he has to grow the nail to make up the difference. When I see such a man with long nail on his last finger, I would find it very digusting.





Why do Vietnamese men leave their left-hand pinkie's nail to grow long?
There is a man on one of the shopping channels, that plays guitar and instead of using a pick his finger nails are long and pointy on the one hand. I find it so disgusting that I have to turn off that channel while he is on there selling guitars.
The habit began in ancient China. Longer were the nails, more important was the person. An important person doesn't have to do manual works, and he can have long toenails.


Someone had only some long fingernails, and at the end only pinly nails
To pick their nose. Philippine men, too, do the same pinkie nail thing. They'll tell you other reasons, but I assure you it makes digging for goobers easier.
Black men do it too


I'll go with lil dog lovers answer


However I think it has to do with Vietnamese gangs
So does people in the east of Gothenburg , Sweden. Its just a fan...
cuz they like manicure

No comments:

Post a Comment