Sunday, February 7, 2010

Is it possible my nail will never grow back?

About 3-4 years ago the toenail from my big toe came off and it hasn't grown back. I have a layer of something that feels sorta like a toe nail but it's not. I'm scared that it'll stay like that and never grow back! Is there anything I can do?Is it possible my nail will never grow back?
You should have that looked at by a doctor. That is a long time for a nail not to grow back. There could be something more to it. Really just have it checked.Is it possible my nail will never grow back?
You have guessed correctly, you have damaged the matrix, or growing part of the nail. It will not grow back if it has been this long. You can paint the part that is somewhat hardened, and at a distance it won't look much different than if a nail were there and painted.
It would of grown back by now, just keep your toenails painted and you can paint that part still and no one will notice. I'm quite curious though as to how it just came off?
There is not anything u can do accept go to the doctor and apply treatments like peroxide,alchohol,etc..

No comments:

Post a Comment